If you're a bacon lover, you can't pass up this drink recipe! Believe it or not, this video will show you what it takes to make a bacon-flavored bourbon for cocktails and mixed drinks. It's called fat-washing bacon over bourbon, where you add warm bacon grease to bourbon and let it sit for 24 hours, which produces smoky, rich, bacon-flavored liquor. Strain and funnel the mixture into a bar bottle and add it to your favorite drinks that call for bourbon. Clever idea from Aaron Butler of Russell House Tavern.
Yields 1 liter
* 4 oz warm bacon grease (from about 2 lbs cooked bacon)
* 1 liter (4 cups) bourbon
* fine-mesh strainer
* coffee filter
* 1 liter bottle with pouring spout
1. Combine bacon grease and bourbon in a large, shallow container
2. Cover and allow to sit for 24 hours at room temperature. This process is called "fat washing" the bourbon. The fat will solidify at the top of the mixture
3. Place a coffee filter inside a fine-mesh strainer and pass mixture through strainer to remove all fat particles
4. Funnel into bottle and store at room temperature
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.